Friday, February 18, 2011

Enkindle

Every body, every life, every heart, and every spirit holds someone close.  Someone whom even in the darkest depth of the world still holds on and will never let go.  A person who will hold you close when all other lights go out.  A friend whom exceeds the light of the sun.  


Every being in this world has been blessed with someone whom they can confide in and open their hearts to the world from within, the very essence of what drives them, what motivates them to be who they may be.  


I've always referred to songs to speak for me at times when words can't escape my tongue.


"Who's gonna save you when the stars fall from your sky,
And who's gonna pull you in when the tide gets too high,
Who's gonna hold you when you turn out the light?
I won't lie, I wish that I, could be your Superman Tonight."


I'm so grateful to have someone in my life who I can call my Superman Tonight.
The person who I can confide in.  The person who I can open my heart to and not be judged of my thoughts and actions.  People like you only come once in a lifetime.  I wouldn't have any other Hero, besides you.


What makes a hero?  Is it the sweat of their brow after enduring such a trial, is it the calluses that have formed from such a difficulty, is it the courage that is held within the heart?  Or is it the love for someone else, a pure form of love.  Each Hero holds a different purpose, a different meaning in the heart which they are held.  They are the Gentle Guardians of our heart. 

1 comment: