Monday, January 31, 2011

The Gift

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Ben Parker (Uncle Ben) from Spider-man


Who does this apply to exactly, does it apply to those who already have great power, power that is exalted above others?  Maybe it applies to those who have a lesser power but have the capability to let this power grow into something magnificent.  But think about the exact definition of power, what is it exactly?  Is it the capability to extraordinary things, to control the four elements, or is there another form of power, a power that does not require a cape or a mask.  
Power is the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events.


Can power also be considered as a gift or talent?  I believe so, I believe that with this power that we can use it to influence others, for the better.  Now the question changes, what is a gift and talent?  Some believe that they are the same thing and they are partially right.  But a gift, a gift is something that has been given to you by Heavenly Father.  A talent is something that can be developed.  A talent that I have and am very grateful for is having the ability to play any type of sport and do well at it.  But a gift that I am truly grateful for is the gift of words, being able to be creative with words in writing which would also lead to my other gift of writing.  I've always been grateful for having the ability to write, to put myself in my writing.  


It is never vain in any way or form to recognize your gifts and talents.  In fact if you don't recognize your gifts or talents then you're not using them properly.  Heavenly Father gave me the gift of writing or a reason and I know I am to use it to help others.  


Recognize your gifts and talents, make them stronger.  Never think of a gift or talent being small because even the smallest gift, the smallest talent, can touch the lives of those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment