Monday, March 28, 2011

A Cold Day in December

There are days in my life when I feel as if I have accomplished something out of the ordinary, there are days when I fear fear itself, then there are days and moments in my life that change the course of my future and for the better.


This morning I woke up with a smile on my face then counted the days that I have till I leave, then I began to think about the emotional high that I will have when I leave for my mission.  To have the opportunity to bye to everyone seems touching to me.  These are the moments to remember.  As I look back on the years that I have lived to the fullest as well as the moments I grow to be more and more thankful for those times that I have spent with my family and friends.


Growing up with my family has been one of the greatest trials that I have ever lived, it's my everyday trial.  With how much of a struggle it can be at times I always look at how I can better myself.  It has been an incredible experience, one that wouldn't trade for anyone.  I have become the person that I am today because of my family in the most positive attitude there is.  My testimony is as strong as it is because of the trials that my family and I have faced together.  We have gained a natural connection with each other.  At times my patience is tested by the actions or choices that we all make together but it strengthens my patience.


There are moments in my day when I think of where I will be in a weeks time and a flood of emotions hit my chest with great happiness.  It seems typical to only fear the future but I cannot help but be only happy and excited for the blessings that are to come to my family while I am away.  They may not notice what is to come to them but the blessings are on their way.


This morning I found myself to be reading a paragraph of my patriarchal blessing.  What I enjoy most about reading it is that every time that I place my eyes on my blessing I always find something new, something that rejuvenates my blessing to me.  


There are times in my life when I am hit with such joy and happiness in my life where I don't know which pocket to place them in because of how powerful they are.  They are triggered by such amazing individuals that have been placed in my life.  



"Is this a natural feeling
Or is it just me bleeding
All my thoughts and dreams.......
Is this a moment to remember
Or just a cold day in December?"

No comments:

Post a Comment